Traditionally Italian, yet beautifully international – just like its founder, Salvatore Ferragamo. Lungarno Collection is a tribute to the history, elegance and refined craftsmanship of Tuscany offering splendid luxury at classic and contemporary hotels.
In June 2017, the legendary Hotel Lungarno re-opened its doors following a full six-month renovation. Much to the delight of many loyal guests, the new and improved Hotel Lungarno enhances its effortless residential charm and showcases its signature nautical colours. The new design highlights even more the impossibly romantic location – being right on the River Arno overlooking the world-famous Ponte Vecchio Bridge.
Food glorious food
At the one Michelin starred restaurant, Borgo San Jacopo, international Chef Peter Brunel, skillfully interprets Italian cuisine under a modern light. Try the ‘5 Penne e 5 aspargi’, it is our favourite from this season! The Picteau Bar is the perfect place to enjoy the view of the River Arno but our recommendation is to take a moment and enjoy the many pieces of original art by Picasso and Cocteau which decorates the walls. Over 400 original pieces of the finest art is displayed at Hotel Lungarno dating back to the 900’s. Another Orchidea favourite are the tactile textures in the lounge from the locally made leather, cashmere and linens which are all enhanced by the beautiful Florentine light.
Time for bed
• Boasting 65 luxury rooms and suites (37% of the inventory is dedicated to studios and suites) many with beautiful terraces overlooking Renaissance masterpieces.
• There are two floors that can be completely privatized for vip clients and larger families travelling together which includes the first floor which boasts 230m² of living space for guests.
• The Family Room category is a much-needed addition to Florence offering double and twin bed options for 4 guests as well as a sitting area and luxurious bathroom. The property offers 10 of this room type since family travel has increased dramatically over recent years.
• The style reflects the nautical character of Hotel Lungarno with deep and soft blue tones, velvets and linens and historic furniture. The magnificent black and white photography pays homage to Renaissance art in Florence.
• All rooms and suites include complimentary iPad for the stay, Bose Bluetooth speaker, complimentary wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities and toiletries from Bianco di Carrara by Salvatore Ferragamo.
Be wowed by
Everything! Hotel Lungarno is a proud member of Small Luxury Hotels, Virtuoso and Fine Hotels and Resorts.
And one more thing
Interior designer of Hotel Lungarno, Michele Bonan perfectly summarises his creation: “Like a grand cruise ship sailing down the river this period townhouse is the only one that literally sits over the Arno. Colours such as blue and white were used to accentuate the sense of being, endlessly drifting on the Arno but with the Ponte Vecchio (Florence’s iconic symbol) as your point of reference. The sense of sailing, the constant river view contrasted beautifully with that of a cozy home”